Start Windows client in the background / minimized to tray.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by mamo, Sep 24, 2016.

Start Windows client in the background / minimized to tray. 4.9 5 18votes
4.9/5, 18 votes

1. mamo

Since I installed 3CX on my computer, about 3 weeks ago, nearly every time I start my PC the following happenes: After Windows boot is complete, I open Google Chrome (or some other program) and start typing in the address bar. Shortly afterwards 3CX starts up and steals the focus from the program I am typing in, resulting in me typing into 3CX. Usually about 5 letters go where I want them to go and the rest ends up in 3CX. Typing very quickly, I even managed to hit return on few occasions, effectively dialing some rubbish letter combination.

I could not find an option in the settings, to let 3CX start in the background. So I am guessing there is no such option (or I am blind). Therefore, I suggest to integrate this feature in future versions. Ideally there should be an option to start it minimized to tray. I want to get notified when someone is calling, but I absolutely don't need 3CX as an open window.

mpistora likes this.
  2. jtbool

Yes please! That would be much better than having it always pop up full-size. A phone isn't something I want to see until it needs my attention.

D Bedford likes this.
  3. Helmut72

4. Olaf Krause

5. heinzernst

Hey guys, you can do a work around. Just make a shortcut from the x-lite.exe into the startup folder, located at %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and change the "run" value in settings to minimized.