Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Start Windows client in the background / minimized to tray.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by mamo, Sep 24, 2016.

Start Windows client in the background / minimized to tray. 4.9 5 18votes
4.9/5, 18 votes

1. mamo

Since I installed 3CX on my computer, about 3 weeks ago, nearly every time I start my PC the following happenes: After Windows boot is complete, I open Google Chrome (or some other program) and start typing in the address bar. Shortly afterwards 3CX starts up and steals the focus from the program I am typing in, resulting in me typing into 3CX. Usually about 5 letters go where I want them to go and the rest ends up in 3CX. Typing very quickly, I even managed to hit return on few occasions, effectively dialing some rubbish letter combination.

I could not find an option in the settings, to let 3CX start in the background. So I am guessing there is no such option (or I am blind). Therefore, I suggest to integrate this feature in future versions. Ideally there should be an option to start it minimized to tray. I want to get notified when someone is calling, but I absolutely don't need 3CX as an open window.

mpistora likes this.
  2. jtbool

Yes please! That would be much better than having it always pop up full-size. A phone isn't something I want to see until it needs my attention.

D Bedford likes this.
  3. Helmut72

4. Olaf Krause

5. heinzernst

Hey guys, you can do a work around. Just make a shortcut from the x-lite.exe into the startup folder, located at %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and change the "run" value in settings to minimized.