• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Starting phone call from another application [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedds

Reaction score
I am an application developer. I'm wondering if there is a way to start/invoke a 3CX call from another iphone or Android application. I want the ability to place a call to the PBX by clicking on a number / link / button from within my application. Once the call is started the 3CX app would take over instead of the normal iphone "phone" app.

Re: Starting phone call from another application

Hello,

if you use the 3CX Phone Syste (PBX) you can start such call.
It does not Matter then what kind of SIP Phone is behind or registered to this EXT.
You can find this in the API of 3CX

Code:
http://<pbx>:5000/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=<ext>&to=<dest>&pin=<ext_pin>

the 3cx phone will support "copy and past" now, does not help by automating it but it is the best we can do

and in addition we have added direct dial in iOS
we use sip://Number dial://Number or voip://Number
if you define a call like this the 3cxphone will start and dial the number behind

Great news
Thank you...

some additional info:
- in case more than one application registers the same protocol, the one which was installed first will be called
Therefore, if - for example - in Notes you write "dial://777", and the 3CXPhone is the only or first installed application registering "dial://", by clicking your "note" 3CXphone will be launched to dial 777. I case there was already another app installed, that one will be called.
- obviously, 3CXPhone will make the call as a VoIP one, since for GSM calls there is already iPhone's "tel://" protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.