Starting phone call from another application [Solved]

Discussion in 'iOS' started by bedds, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bedds

I am an application developer. I'm wondering if there is a way to start/invoke a 3CX call from another iphone or Android application. I want the ability to place a call to the PBX by clicking on a number / link / button from within my application. Once the call is started the 3CX app would take over instead of the normal iphone "phone" app.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Starting phone call from another application

Hello,

if you use the 3CX Phone Syste (PBX) you can start such call.
    It does not Matter then what kind of SIP Phone is behind or registered to this EXT.
    You can find this in the API of 3CX

Code:
    http://<pbx>:5000/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=<ext>&to=<dest>&pin=<ext_pin>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

the 3cx phone will support "copy and past" now, does not help by automating it but it is the best we can do

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

and in addition we have added direct dial in iOS
    we use sip://Number dial://Number or voip://Number
    if you define a call like this the 3cxphone will start and dial the number behind

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Great news
    Thank you...

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

some additional info:
    - in case more than one application registers the same protocol, the one which was installed first will be called
    Therefore, if - for example - in Notes you write "dial://777", and the 3CXPhone is the only or first installed application registering "dial://", by clicking your "note" 3CXphone will be launched to dial 777. I case there was already another app installed, that one will be called.
    - obviously, 3CXPhone will make the call as a VoIP one, since for GSM calls there is already iPhone's "tel://" protocol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.