• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Starting Up Core Services ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRG

Reaction score
Well, I had things running smoothly, so I installed BeyondTV, and it nuked my whole setup. PhoneSystem was not able to start so I uninstalled .net 1.1, 2.0 SP1, 3.0 SP1, and 3.5. I uninstalled 3CX PhoneSystem(V7). Reinstalled .net 3.5, restarted, and reinstalled 3CX and got thrown this error:

Starting Up Core Services ........ FAILED

Time Out has expired and the operation has not been completed.

Cannot Start service 3CXIvr on computer ".".
Cannot Start service 3CXParkOrbit on computer ".".
Cannot Start service 3CXConference Room on computer ".".
Cannot Start service 3CXPhoneSysten Media server on computer ".".

Any ideas?

Re: Starting Up Core Services ........ FAILED

Here is another error which may help. This error gets thrown at me when I try to restart the 3CX PhoneSystem from the web interface.

3CX Interface
An exception occured RestartServices Error: Time out has expired and the operation was not completed.

I dont know what beyondTV is, but obviously it impacted your whole system. 3CX requires .NET 2.0 btw not 3.5

admin said:
I dont know what beyondTV is, but obviously it impacted your whole system. 3CX requires .NET 2.0 btw not 3.5
Yeah, it certainly did a number on it. When you install .net 3.5, it installs 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5.

I have uninstalled BeyondTV, and left it uninstalled. I also uninstalled all .net frameworks, then reinstalled just 2.0, and it made no difference.

Just wiped the drive and started from scartch. I installed BeyondTV first, then installed 3CX and all is good.

Actually I think this may be a bug and I don't think it is related to Beyond TV or anyother software.
If you start and stop the Stun Server from within the Web interface, the services all restart. For whatever reason all services except the Media server service hangs on stop pending and never recovers from it. The only way to get 3CX going again is to reboot the machine..
I discovered this bug because all of a sudden my extensions stopped working while I was playing around with port forwarding. For a while I thought it was my port forwarding issue but then when the extensions wouldn't disconnect I checked the service status and discoovered the media server service hung.

I can repeatedly reproduce this bug by starting and stopping the Stun Server.. Can someone from 3CX confirm?

Also, I have a public domain address for the 3CX server. So should I run the STUN server or not? If I do, am i to leave the default setting as they are. The Stun server fields are using the Stun.3cx.com server?

Thanks!
TA

Hi there

A maintenance release (due in a couple of days) addresses some service-start issues. If they persist also with the maintenance release, please revive this thread.

Regards

Kevin

Hi!

I have been able to recover from the "3CX PhoneSystem Media Server" service stuck at "Stoppending" without rebooting, just end "3CXMediaServer.exe" process via the task manager and restart the service.

Hope this helps!

Hi,
I have the same problem. I installed version 7.1 RC3 and RC4 and they work fine exept for the services 3CXVBoxMgr and 3CXAssistantServer. For these services when restarted I get the message: "Cannot start service 3CXVBoxMgr on computer '.'." The computer is Intel Celeron 2,4 GHz, 1 GB RAM, XP Pro SP3. I have installed .NET Framework 1. , 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1.
Can you help me ?
Regards,
Ivan

Do those services have any dependencies that are not running?

mhanson said:
Do those services have any dependencies that are not running?

I coud not find any dependencies. This is a question for somebody from 3CX.

Regards,

Ivan

Services have regaining reliability in latest release of 3CX server.... redownload, backup IP PBX, reinstall and restore IP PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.