Static IP for Zen SIP trunks

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Edward Paine, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Paine

I have just set up a 3CX-hosted PBX, since it seems the best way to learn/test before deciding whether we want it in premises or in our own cloud.

I couldn't understand why adding SIP trunks was giving an error, until I spoke to our ISP (Zen, a 3CX partner) today who tell me their firewall will block all access from non-Zen IPs. They have offered to whitelist the 3CX IP I have been assigned. but in the dashboard it shows as xx.yy.zz.ww Dynamic. Obviously if it is dynamic there's no point asking Zen to whitelist it.

Can anyone help me with advise on this? Can I just change the IP to static in the External IP Configuration section of Network settings?

Many thanks

Ed

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Yes, you can change the ip to static , only do this if you have static wan ip’s

3cx does not assign wan ip’s, this is done by your internet provider - only thing 3cx will map your wan ip to 3cx dns if selected on install time

#2 Saqqara, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  3. Edward Paine

I've changed it, and it now reassuringly says "Static", but note that I am talking about a 3CX-hosted installation so I have no control over any IPs.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've seen dynamic IP's that remained the same for several years, and others that changed after a couple of weeks. It all depends on how your ISP "handles" dynamic IP assignment. In some cases, overnight "maintenance" on their part, will get you a new IP. You'll need to keep an eye on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.