Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Static IP not Resolving to Internal IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Arthur Siu, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthur Siu

My setup should be correct, because this was working for two months. The firewall checker show green across the board and I have the ports forwarded and access rules in my firewall, as well a SIP ALG disabled. But for some reason 2 weeks ago, when I punch in my static IP:5001, it no longer connects to my 3CX installation. Of course this means the FDQN doesn't work either, though it's not the FDQN fault. Any ideas what's going on? I tried restarting my 3CX server as well as stopping and starting the services, but still no dice. I haven't changed my firewall/port forwarding rules at all as well.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Arthur Siu

If you perform an nslookup to your FQDN does it resolve to the correct ip? Could it be that your public IP changed ? Is anything else running on port 5001?

3. Arthur Siu

Yeah NS lookup is correct and my public IP hasn't changed. Interestingly enough, Chrome Remote Desktop doesn't work either.

BTW, I have a second installation whose FDQN and Public IP aren't working too. Funny thing is there is a service listening on port 5001 at that static IP address

#3 Arthur Siu, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  4. Arthur Siu

Okay it works now out of nowhere. No idea why that is but great.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Keep and eye on it and let us know if it happens again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.