Solved Static IP not Resolving to Internal IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Arthur Siu, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthur Siu

My setup should be correct, because this was working for two months. The firewall checker show green across the board and I have the ports forwarded and access rules in my firewall, as well a SIP ALG disabled. But for some reason 2 weeks ago, when I punch in my static IP:5001, it no longer connects to my 3CX installation. Of course this means the FDQN doesn't work either, though it's not the FDQN fault. Any ideas what's going on? I tried restarting my 3CX server as well as stopping and starting the services, but still no dice. I haven't changed my firewall/port forwarding rules at all as well.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Arthur Siu

If you perform an nslookup to your FQDN does it resolve to the correct ip? Could it be that your public IP changed ? Is anything else running on port 5001?

3. Arthur Siu

Yeah NS lookup is correct and my public IP hasn't changed. Interestingly enough, Chrome Remote Desktop doesn't work either.

BTW, I have a second installation whose FDQN and Public IP aren't working too. Funny thing is there is a service listening on port 5001 at that static IP address

#3 Arthur Siu, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  4. Arthur Siu

Okay it works now out of nowhere. No idea why that is but great.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Keep and eye on it and let us know if it happens again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.