Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Statis vs. dhcp for ip phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abelaguilar, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abelaguilar

Wondering if I should assign a static ip to my polycom phones or let them pick up an ip address on their own. Which creates a more stable network?

2. Mori

Mori New Member

As long as you have DHCP i cant see no harm let it stay that way if your phone supports it.
    3CX box should indeed have static IP for registration purposes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Assuming you have set the options correctly, and that the devices follow the RFC, then there is no difference between static and DHCP for network stability.

I once did 2.5 years solidly on a DHCP rollout project for 250,000 clients on a network, so I can go all anal about it if you need :)

Cheers,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. abelaguilar

awesome thanks. i'll leave it as dhcp and keep things simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.