Status Rules dont work with Ring Groups?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Basically I have 2 Cellphones I want to have the Digital Receptionist send calls to. So if the customer presses 9 for example, the Ringgroup would send to the 2 extensions (cellphones). I found out that changing the status to AWAY does NOT prevent the softphone from ringing.

So then I tried to install the same extension/account on both cellphones. This did allow the status rules to be followed- however having the same account on 2 cellphones created problems. Google Push did not always want to wake 1 or 2 of the phones :-(

So is there a way to get the Status (available / away / etc) rules to be enforced for Connect to Ring Groups vs Connect to Extension?

2. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Aha- I discovered the answer- this is by design. This makes sense. If I had a ring group and the fist phone to ring had a presence set to away and then forward,,,,that would be a mess.

So going back to testing my initial design- Will it work to have the same account/extension on 2 cellphones? And then have the auto attendant redirect to an extension, which is really the 2 cellphones running the same account. Would this be supported? I just cant get them to stay awake when the screen goes off- they at times both go offline. The good news is that the Google wake up thing is working - when I have 2 extensions in a Ring Group. The bad news is that we cant use Presence to mirror on 2 cellphones the same account :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.