Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Status Rules dont work with Ring Groups?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Basically I have 2 Cellphones I want to have the Digital Receptionist send calls to. So if the customer presses 9 for example, the Ringgroup would send to the 2 extensions (cellphones). I found out that changing the status to AWAY does NOT prevent the softphone from ringing.

So then I tried to install the same extension/account on both cellphones. This did allow the status rules to be followed- however having the same account on 2 cellphones created problems. Google Push did not always want to wake 1 or 2 of the phones :-(

So is there a way to get the Status (available / away / etc) rules to be enforced for Connect to Ring Groups vs Connect to Extension?

2. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Aha- I discovered the answer- this is by design. This makes sense. If I had a ring group and the fist phone to ring had a presence set to away and then forward,,,,that would be a mess.

So going back to testing my initial design- Will it work to have the same account/extension on 2 cellphones? And then have the auto attendant redirect to an extension, which is really the 2 cellphones running the same account. Would this be supported? I just cant get them to stay awake when the screen goes off- they at times both go offline. The good news is that the Google wake up thing is working - when I have 2 extensions in a Ring Group. The bad news is that we cant use Presence to mirror on 2 cellphones the same account :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.