Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

stay on call after transfer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cynthia Slade, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia Slade

Using 3CX V10 or V11 is there a way to transfer an incoming call to an external number and stay on the line for a minute or two? example: call comes in, recpt transfers call to outside vendor, recpt explains to vendor the reason she transfered call and then disconnects leaving outside vendor and call speaking to eachother.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cynthia Slade

This is not the solution we need. We need a "3-way" call allowing the transfering party to disconnect. An attended transfer disconnects the transfering party when it connects the other two lines.

4. Cynthia Slade

Sy I forgot to thank you for your post - Didn't mean to be rude

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Are you looking for conference?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Cynthia Slade

Hi Sy No conference will not work for the same reason - if the orginator of the conference hangs up the other callers are disconnected. What our client would like is when they get an incoming call and they need to transfer the call to an external number (a vendor or parts company) they would like the abiliity to stay on the line and make sure the caller is actually connected to the correct person/dept at the vendor or parts company before they hang up.

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Do you mean that "Attended transfer" does not deliver call to proper person? :shock:

8. gschwab

gschwab New Member

I think he means he wants to be able to stay on the line with the incoming caller while the external number rings and have a 3way conversation when the external number is answered.
    I don't think there is a direct way to do this with 3cx however I just had a thought, I have not tried this so don't know if it will work. If you use 3cx MyPhone couldn't you do an attended (or blind) transfer then as soon as you have made the connection between the incoming and external number right click on that call in MyPhone and Barge in on it? Just thinking here so it would be something like...if you were quick you should join the call befor the external number even answered.

Answer incoming call,
    Press Transfer
    Dial external number
    press transfer
    right click call in 3cx Myphone
    click Barge in.

Hmmm, I'll have to give it a try

9. gschwab

gschwab New Member

I can see the use for this, you need to transfer a caller to an outside number (vendor, service dept. etc) but you want to make sure they get to the right person and you also have a need for 3 way communication that you can drop out of while leaving the other two connected.

Using Yealink phone and having 3CX MyPhone installed on computer.

Answer incoming call,
    Press Transfer
    Dial external number
    press transfer
    right click call in 3cx Myphone
    click Barge in.

Just tested as described above and it does work, maybe not the best way but it does allows three way conversation.

10. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Gschwab-

I think the question then becomes-

The 3 way was done, you have now connected the remote party to the person/dept. needed, can you now drop off the call so that the other two can continue?

In your just completed test, you never indicated that you dropped off and were successful in leaving the other two parties connected. You stopped at barge in.

Can you advise further?

11. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

i suppose Cynthia speak about possible path replacement ( anti tromboning) after call transfer external-to-external is completed

12. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Correct, I was able to transfer an incoming call to an outside number, "barge In" and have a 3 way conversation and then disconnect and the other two were able to continue after I dropped out.

13. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Yes , but after transfer how many external channel have busy ??

1. incoming call to 3cx
    2. outgoing from 3cx to external destination

In this case you have two channel busy for one conversation

Path replacement ( using refer ) must release channel after perform transfer , and incoming call speak to outgoing call without pass via 3cx .

Example Patton Media Gateway use ECT ( explicity call transfer ) where it release channel , but is important carrier is able to accept it .

14. gschwab

gschwab New Member

That would be something to keep in mind depending on your system, ie: sip trunks, PSTN, etc.
    Here I use a paid version of 3CX with 8 consecutive call license and a NexVortex sip trunk which allows unlimited call paths, I have only 8 extensions, and only 4 of them are in regular use so I have room to grow and don't need to worry about running into the license limitation. If and when I do start to use a higher call volume I'll simply upgrade to a larger license....money well spent in my book.

15. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

George -

Thanks, nice to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.