• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

step-by-step configuring 3CX Phone System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dels

Reaction score
Hi,

I have some problem with setting up 3CX Phone System, i use 3CX Phone System on remote Windows Server 2003 and phone client on Windows XP
1. Do i need VOIP provider to be able to do voice call?
2. If i were using skype as VOIP provider, do each user need the skype account? And do i need to register multiple VOIP provider for that?
3. If i were using local country VOIP service (VoipRakyat.or.id) do i need to register it multiple account as multiple VOIP Provider?
4. What's different between VOIP Service and SIP Trunk, what do i need to choose when creating a new provider? Here the information from provider
our SIP Proxy or IAX Gateway is : voiprakyat.or.id

Thanks

1)
Depends if you like to call someboady outside the PBX
Eighter u need now a Voip Provider or an PSTN Gateway witch makes out of analog or isdn internaly a voip call.

2)
Has each user now a skype account?
Basically for each call u like to make u need a skype account in our gateway.
You can choose if you like to use one Skypegateway Port (10.000) with more then one line or if you like to make per skypeaccount one gateway. the difference is that in version 1 u can not deside witch account dials out. the gateway chooses that by it self. in version 2 u can choose..

3)
Depends can u make more then one call via one registration normally? when yes just enter in the Voip Provider the ammount of SC you can make.

4) Voip Provider has a username an password witch is required, trunks are based on IP and there is now username and password for inbound and outbound calls...

thanks for the reply

1)
If it were possible i just want this to be for private use, i used to call between office and we only use PC-to-PC call so i didn't setup any PSTN for that, the reason was usually we use Skype, Google Voice or Yahoo Talk but our small business company need more privacy and security when dealing with our customer.

2)
Okay, i see the need to register each user on the gateway if i want to use Skype as provider

3)
I heard it only can receive 1 call for each session

4)
Thanks for the info

1)
If it were possible i just want this to be for private use, i used to call between office and we only use PC-to-PC call so i didn't setup any PSTN for that, the reason was usually we use Skype, Google Voice or Yahoo Talk but our small business company need more privacy and security when dealing with our customer.
If you are going to use 3cx just for internal use. Then install the software and setup your firewall rules. Then create your extensions and they can install a soft or hard phone at there location and point it to your public IP. then you can call each other over the internet without needing a pstn/PRI/ or other special line.

3)
I heard it only can receive 1 call for each session
The free addition can only handle 4 simultaneous calls at any time.

4)
Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.