• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Still no Multi Tenant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianmedia

Reaction score
i was reading last year that 3cx had multi tenanting on its roadmap for 2009.

from looking at all the details for v8 i still don't see multi tenant, is that true?

That is true. There are really no other systems in the same class as 3CX that do Multi-Tenant and with as easy as it is to do virtual machines these days there really isn't much of a reason.

3CX doesn't want to move towards any hosted solutions, its been made quite clear in both licensing restrictions and product offerings.

I would think that a concurrent call license is exactly what you would want in a hosted license. That being said, I still don't really see an overwhelming need for a multi-tenant solution when its pretty simple to just use virtual machines and accomplish the same thing easily.

And I agree with you on that Matt, but the development effort to switch to a completely multi-tenant architecture for a very small fraction of the marketplace doesn't seem like a good use of limited resources when there are plenty of features that can be improved and/or added to make the 3CX product a better fit for the 95% of the businesses out there. Given the choice, I would rather see better MoH, Better Time Conditions, Announcements, Better IVR, or any of dozens and dozens of enhancements over multi-tenant that will increase sales by an insignificant fraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicolasAunixo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.