Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Still no Multi Tenant?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brianmedia, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianmedia

i was reading last year that 3cx had multi tenanting on its roadmap for 2009.

from looking at all the details for v8 i still don't see multi tenant, is that true?

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

That is true. There are really no other systems in the same class as 3CX that do Multi-Tenant and with as easy as it is to do virtual machines these days there really isn't much of a reason.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

3CX doesn't want to move towards any hosted solutions, its been made quite clear in both licensing restrictions and product offerings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I would think that a concurrent call license is exactly what you would want in a hosted license. That being said, I still don't really see an overwhelming need for a multi-tenant solution when its pretty simple to just use virtual machines and accomplish the same thing easily.

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

And I agree with you on that Matt, but the development effort to switch to a completely multi-tenant architecture for a very small fraction of the marketplace doesn't seem like a good use of limited resources when there are plenty of features that can be improved and/or added to make the 3CX product a better fit for the 95% of the businesses out there. Given the choice, I would rather see better MoH, Better Time Conditions, Announcements, Better IVR, or any of dozens and dozens of enhancements over multi-tenant that will increase sales by an insignificant fraction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.