Still wanting to hear of UK PSTN Gateway that works with BT

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abercoms, Jul 29, 2007.

1. abercoms

Hi Again
    I am still looking for UK users recomendations for a PSTN gateway which works with BT. Mainly wanted for outgoing rather than incoming. I know there is a list of approved kit, but which ones work in the UK, what are you UK users using?

2. varun

Hi there
    even i am trying to attach my BT lines to 3 CX system ... will you please tell me what the hardware should i use...

Regards
    Vanu.

3. abercoms

Ive given up if nobody in UK reads this forum and is tryi ng this, there is no point, Ive gone and bought a Cisco UC520, works out of the box

4. akhtaruk

You can configuare your BT Line to be used in 3CX.
    All you need is an FXO Adapter.
    For example: Sipura 3000 or Similar.

5. abercoms

The idea of the post was for someone to actually tell me one which actually works, that they use that they know works 100%, A sipura 3000 is NOT a 100% guaranteed solution, in my professional opinion, very little Linksys/Sipura stuff works properly in the UK and can therefore be discounted. As I said, Ive given up and bought something which does work.

6. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Anyone knows the winning lottery numbers for Ontario Lotto this Wednesday? I need 100% guarantee that they are the winning numbers :lol:

Nothing in this world is guaranteed except death and taxes.
    Now feel free to blast me next :p

7. akhtaruk

I have a sipura SPA 3000 fully working

I have a sipura SPA 3000 fully working with 3cx and have no problem if you want to use it with one line. If any one needs help pm me and will be able to help.

http://www.freeitsupport.net

8. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

abercoms how is Caller ID fairing ? Does the UC520 detect it properly ?

9. AlecM

BT Caller-ID recognition problems

I would also like to know if the Cisco handles Caller-ID correctly.

I have installed a Grandstream GXW-4104 (that's a 4-line FXO adapter for connecting up to 4 PSTN lines to your LAN for anyone who is not up on that topic), but have not yet managed to get it to pass BT Caller-ID over to the 3CX system.

The best I have managed to achieve is to get the virtual extension from the 3CX system to be passed to the handsets (Grandstream BT200's). I have then used the distinctive ring on the BT200's to recognise the 10000-range virtual extensions, so we can tell internal calls apart from external calls by the ring tone.

(In 3CX, select Lines -> Manage -> [your PSTN gateway name] -> Other Options -> change "Caller-ID is in 'User' part of the following" to 'Contact' field.)
    Note, you shouldn't use an ineternal extension of 100, as this gets recognised by the BT200 as the external 10000-range v.ext. I started our extensions at 101.

Alec

10. dng

dng

I'm happily ujsing SPA3102s, one on each line, in the UK with no problems. Caller ID is working well also.