STOP MOVING THINGS AROUND

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aberry, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aberry

aberry New Member

Seriously, WTF guys? Missing options in SP2 now. Also, STOP MOVING MENUS AROUND EVERY PATCH.

2. information6

I agree. Anyone know where the advanced options went? I have a client that was showing the same ip for internal and external provisioning. I was trying to change prior to SP2 but it was greyed out. Back trying to correct now that section is missing as well. Jesus.

3. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

You can find provisioning information under Troubleshooting>Parameters. You'll want PROVISIONING_LINK_EXT and so on.

4. aberry

aberry New Member

Thanks, I eventually found it there. I just don't understand some of these GUI changes.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Personally the GUI Changes have been easier to explain to a client for me.
    Except IP Blacklist... this one is a bit odd. Except maybe when a user says "I cant login to the softphone" and now you find their IP is blacklisted - its right there. But a little odd placement in general.
    I like having settings separated - and perhaps they are working towards additional levels of security.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Anyone found where the Provisioning Page went? You know the one with the full provisioning URL that made it easy to copy/paste?

Per the documentation it should be here:

You can find the provisioning URL from the 3CX Management Console from “Settings” > “Phone Provisioning” > “External/Public Provisioning URL” field.

But that section does not seem to exist anymore, or at least I haven't found it yet...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. joebocop

The "System Status" page (with all those lovely green check marks) also has the provisioning URL listed on it, down at bullet #5.

I too look forward to the documentation update.

8. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Ahh yes, it is there. But at least on my system it is showing the https URL there, but in the actual provisioning file it uses the http link....

9. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

@aberry - I think your resistence to change in the interface and overall negative stance is something you might have to address. The interface changes have been well received and have improved the usability.

10. aberry

aberry New Member

Hey, sorry for the frustration. I love progress, but improved usability is a bit of a stretch when menu settings that used to exist, no longer exist and there is no explanation given.

Sorta like the missing wallboard feature when I moved to v14. Removing a feature for a couple versions and then patching it back in is no my problem, and is going to cause some negativity.

11. ampublic

Well I have never found the GUI to be easy to navigate anyway. I think some things need merging instead of having to go to three different places to change extremely similar settings.

12. sdavies68

Hi Nick,

I have been using 3CX since 2009. Its a great product, but I agree the moving of things around and no explanation in documentation is frustrating.

The loss of the Wallboard web interface in V14 is incomprehensible. A wallboard by its very nature has always been (in every call centre I have operated) something which sits on a wall, not on an operator's PC. With large SmartTVs having embedded browsers we use quite a few throughout our call and operation centres. This is now gone, and nothing I have found anywhere suggested the "Wallboard" is now part of the 3CXPhone windows App.

Yes it looks nice - much better - but its useless in a PC app.

Bring back the web interface please.

13. bmcdevitt

I have another ticket open for a week but no response yet. So asking here too :)

Where did they remove all the old report options we had?

The new options are the basic options and only allow you to go back 30 days.

I used to give Queue Managers link to the 3CX reports and they would run what they want. Now its built into 3CX Main Admin center and missing options we used to have. I can't find anything else anywhere.

I have call reports I need to run for 2015.

14. sdavies68

I walk into the call centre this morning, and the Team leader says exactly the same thing as others on this page. The combining of the Queues on the wall board is wrong.

15. vaughandata

Hi

I agree that removing the option for wallboard via web browser is a big step back.
    I have a call centre that now needs to show wallboard for different Queues on large screens in office.
    this was all powered by 1 pc now needs to be separate pc and screen for each Q.

hope something gets done about this

thanks
    Russell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.