Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Stop users from dialing 1 prefix

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PhilC50, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilC50

This may have already been answered in these forums. If so, please point me in the right direction. 8)

Our users must dial 9 to get an outside line but they do not need to dial the US prefix 1 for long distance. If they do, we get charged for the call.

What kind of outbound rule(s) should be created to keep this from happening? We already have a rule that strips the 9 before dialing the remaining 7 digits. How do I strip the 1 IF it were entered?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could strip 2 digits from the number before sending out to the provider (both the 9 and a 1), if the number began with 91.
    I'm assuming that this is for local 10 digit numbers. If a 1 is required for legitimate long distant numbers then you may have to get more specific and create rules that contain part of the local area codes...91301 , for example.
    Don't forget that rules are matched from top down, so you want to put the more specific rules above the more general ones.

3. PhilC50

Wow. That seems easier than I thought it would be. You taught me some good stuff.
    Thanks for your quick reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.