Stopped Services Notification - <ip>

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by John Dugan, Mar 13, 2018 at 5:10 AM.

1. John Dugan

Just getting started with 3CX. I'm a web developer, so it's somewhat familiar-ish (a nice Angular + Bootstrap app). The problem that I am running into is when I initially setup my VM and installed 3CX, I relied on DHCP to assign the IP address to the VM.

Following the install, i SSH'd in and ran `ifconfig` to get the MAC address of the VM. I then logged in to my router and manually assigned/bound an IP (outside of the DHCP range) to the 3CX VM.

Everything works just fine. Upon the first login after the change, I was prompted (and proceeded to) update "Settings > Network > Public IP > Select Network Card Interface > IP". It reflected the IP I had manually assigned to the MAC address of the VM in my router.

After this change, I still had some port forwarding config to finish. So, I logged in to my router again and finished defining the port forwarding rules. I then logged in to the 3CX admin and verified that the firewall tests were all passing (they were).

My lingering issue...

The "Stopped Services Notification - <ip>" email is still referencing the IP address that DHCP had originally assigned to my 3CX VM. It's just one of those small issues that drives someone who writes code all day nuts. I presume there is an email template that references a dynamic subject variable which needs to be updated?? I found the "Custom Parameters" definitions in 3CX, but I see no reference to any properties that have the original DHCP IP Address assigned to them - grrrrr.

Help would be appreciated. Again, I know this is a very minor issue. It just bothers me. Thanks in advance for the help!
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

May 10, 2016

Please note that although you can now update your local IP without re-installing (you needed to re-install before) and get a functional PBX some features are not yet implemented so some values are not being updated. Full implementation should be arriving in one of the next updates.

You could very easily re-install the PBX however and get everything updated. To do so you will need to:
    • Perform a backup without including licence and FQDN
    • Save the backup to a non 3CX location
    • Un-install the system
    • Re-install using the backup and the same licence key (FQDN will be auto selected as it is bound to the key)
  3. Marari

Sep 16, 2007
    This process takes 15-20 minutes, it's not terribly complicated, and will fix your issues.