Stopping 3CX Phone "come to front window"

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lmathers, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmathers

Hi,

Is there any way to stop the 3CX Softphone from ALWAYS coming to the "front window" when a call comes in?

There are two situations:

1. The phone is "minimised" but not "closed". A call then comes in. The phone then jumps to the "front window". If the user happens to be typing (strange thing to do on a computer, I know!) and hits ENTER or SPACE when the phone jumps to the front window, it will answer the call. This is obviously annoying for the user and also the user may not be aware or intend to answer the call.

2. The phone is "closed" so that it sits in the system tray. When a call comes in, a small notification window appears near the system tray. However this small notification window also "jumps to the front", so that if the user is typing, it stops them typing and they have to switch back to the screen that they were working on (i.e. ALT+TAB). This is also annoying. Note though that if the user happens to press ENTER or SPACE, it at least does not answer the call.

These are small but vitally important functions that I am amazed were overlooked in the development of the softphone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, none of these issues occurred in the 3CX VoIP CLIENT (ver 6), so why 3CX stopped supporting it and got rid of it is beyond me.

Why walk away from something that is working and working well, to develop and application that has less features and less functionality?

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

go to sophfone preference, next in action on ringing. check show answer dialog. i have this in my compagny and it's work great. i hope it's that 's you have need.

have good day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.