Storage and usage of .wav files

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cpv, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpv

cpv

I can't seem to find a definitive guide on the the usage and storage of the .wav files

(1) System Prompt Settings are stored here: C:\programData\3CX\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\abcxyz It appears that I can change each recording by phone. Can I also create a recording and replace an existing wave file in this directory (keeping the same name of course)?

(2) Digital Receptionist. E.g. Welcome to our company, press 1 for.... Can this file be stored anywhere?

(3) Music On Hold. Can this file be stored anywhere? Where are the existing list of 'on hold' files stored?

(4) There are two files for telling the caller to record their message: record_your.wav and record_your_message.wav What do I do if I want to replace them with a different recording?. Do I have to create two new files?

(5) If somebody creates a personal greeting from their phone by pressing 8, where does that file get stored? And does that file override the default wav files I discussed in (4) above? If not, what happens?

My point here, is that the system prompts are professional. But at a minimum I want to create professional IVR recordings for (2), (3), (4) and possibly invidualized for (5).

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Yes, you can change any of the system prompt files....as long as you keep the same name.
    Yes, for those wav files you create, you can store them anywhere. I also suggest you do a backup and include these using the provided tool so that you can ensure that they get stored off as well.

As far as the two greetings...one is used for voice mail such that the owner of the vm box can be identified and the generic greeting is no longer in play. The other greeting is used by the system in the event that you elect to use the dial by name feature. And yes, the generic file for that extension is no longer used. Should you delete the extension and then recreate, the generic comes back.

As far as where stored, I suggest you do a search using an explicit file name (onhold.wav...as an example) and see where the system finds it. It may have to do with how the initial system installation was performed.

3. cpv

cpv

Thank you for your help.

Am I correct that the end user greeting overrides the two files I mentions in (4)? what you call 'generic' greeting?

4. lneblett

I may have misunderstood about #4, so let me see if I can clarify.

When you explore the menu options as the voice mail box owner, there are two options by which you can change a recording, one is your greeting and the other is your name. The greeting is the one that replaces the "record you message" generic greeting. The generic greeting is the system message that is used as the default for all Vmail boxes until such time as the users make a change.

The other is where you would record your name. You must do this if you have a desire to use the dial by name feature at an IVR.

5. cpv

cpv

That wasn't the question, but that's ok.

I recorded a user greeting, and from what I can research it is supposed to save a message called savevmgreeting.wav in the extensions subfolder. When I test to call in, I don't get the custom greeting - and I don't see that savevmgreeting.wav file....

When I told 3CX to try an after hours canned response... it certainly worked there. I just can't get the custom greeting I recorded.

6. lneblett

When you enter your vmail box, you can access the options by pressing the "9" key. If you then hit the "5" key, this is the self-id set-up used for dial by name, You should only say your first and last name and nothing else.

If you hit the "8" key (instead of "5" while in the options section", I believe this to be the one used to record your personalized greeting for Vmail. Simply listen and follow the prompts offered by the system.

7. cpgmar

Is there a way to change the volume of on hold files? I have made a wav file and saved it a a low volume but it comes through blaring loud. Is there a way to change the volume in 3CX settings? I am running free version 10.0.24018

8. lneblett

Most use a program called "Audacity". Do a search on the forum and you will find out more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.