Strange Behavior - 3CX Client Dials Wrong Number

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Uwe, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwe

Uwe

I got some strange behavior with one 3CX client within the network I administer. When I try to dial any number in the client in CTI mode, the phone dials the internal number 200 instead. If I hang up very quickly, the IP phone immediately dials the right number. Dialing at the IP phone works as expected.

Other clients within the network do work flawlessly. I compared the strange extension with another extension and found no differences. I also tried a fresh installation of the 3CX client and also reset and reconfigured the IP phone.

Is there any more checks I can do to nail down the problem?

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Uwe,

What version of 3CX pbx are you on? Also please let us know the version of 3cx client, what ip phone are you using and which firmware.
    Please make sure that the phone firmware is supported by 3CX.

3. Uwe

Uwe

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned that in my first post.

3CX PBX Version 14 Service Pack 3
    3CX Client Version 14
    snom D725 (firmware snom725-SIP 8.7.5.35)

I guess snom D725 is supported by 3CX.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I would reset that problamatic phone to factory.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Uwe

Uwe

I just want to clarify something which I probably didn't explain as detailled as I should have. When I dial any number in the CTI mode, the software shows and dials 200 instead. When I quickly hit the hangup button, the software shows and dials the correct number. So the IP phone dials exactly the number shown in the CTI software.

6. Uwe

Uwe

Okay, I nailed down the problem. When I reset the phone, all worked well. Then I configured the function keys again and... the problem returned.

The problem seems to be: When I dial a number in CTI mode, the phone uses the first function key to open a line. Afterwards the CTI software dials the number. As long as the first function key is configured as 'line' all works well.

The phone in question needs to have 18 extensions on it's function keys, so I used all function keys in 'extension' mode. Thus the first function key dials extension 200 as soon as the CTI software starts dialing.

My quick fix: I removed the extension I configured for function key 1 and set it to 'line' instead. Now all works.

Is there a way to change that behaviour? Can I configure the CTI software not to activate function key 1 before dialing the number? The actual dial seems to work: when I hit hangup quick enough, the number I wanted to dial is used without any problems.

7. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi uwe,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved.
    Regarding function key 1 or 2, the CTI mode needs minimum one line to work on all ip phones.

8. Uwe

Uwe

So that means I need one function key to be configured as 'line' for CTI mode to work? Why? The CTI seems to send two commands to the phone: first f1 and then the number to be dialed. The phone dials the number without any problems after I hung up the f1 dial. So I guess sending the number without sending f1 first would not require f1 to be configured as line. Am I missing something?

9. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi uwe,

I do not understand what you mean the CTI seems to send two commands f1 and then the number. You can see on below screenshot, the http request from 3CX client to 3cx Phone system and then the cti mode (3cx client) send to IP phone the URI command. (this shows communication between 3CX-CTI mode and IP Phone).

upload_2017-3-10_16-9-53.png

Also, the below two cti commands is configured to the 2 first default lines, and you cannot to change those lines.
    <option value="make_call">http://admin:%%DESKPHONE_PASSWORD%%...nd.htm?key=P1,10,2000;%%dialled_number%%ENTER</option>

and

<option value="attxfer">http://admin:%%DESKPHONE_PASSWORD%%...and.htm?key=P2,10,500;%%dialled_number%%ENTER</option>

You need minimum one line to call or receive call and a second line to transfer the call, this all you need to work the CTI future correctly.

10. Uwe

Uwe

According to snom documentation (link) you can concatenate two commands with a semicolon. Thus the mentioned command first sends P1 to the phone for 10 ms and waits for 1000 ms thereafter. Then it sends the dialled number to the phone. This is what I meant with "sending two commands."

With snom ip phones you can dial a number with:
    http://admin:%%DESKPHONE_PASSWORD%%@%%desktopphone_ipaddress%%/command.htm?number=%%dialled_number%%

I tried that and it works flawlessly. Can I change the default behavior to them link I found?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.