Strange Behaviour

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mjpcl, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjpcl

Hi,
    We are just setting up our first system, we have 2 VOIP providers, neither of which have templates, so we have set them up one at a time to ensure both would work, VOIP provider 1 we have set up, makes and recieves calls OK, VOIP provider 2, can make calls, but cannot recieve incoming, however if the caller is Anonymous the call comes in !
    Any idea's

2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

post you logs please.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the second provider showing up as "registered" ? Did you set the options to register? If there is caller ID, you can't get a call?? What sort of caller is anonymous, someone blocking their number or ??? What does a caller hear on a failed call? Is there a log in 3CX during the failed calls, in other words, is 3CX even seeing the call come in? There is always the (remote) possibility that the non-working VoIP provider is one of the few that others have had problems with as well. You might want to post the name of the provider and that could be confirmed, and maybe someone can provide particular tips on settings for that provider.

4. mjpcl

Yes the second provider does show as registered, If I tell my other phone (e,g mobile or residential) to withhold number, call comes in, and it can be seen coming in within the server logs, if I call normally the system does not see the call, i.e there no entries in the server log. The caller hears a normal ringing tone. ! The provider is Timico (UK), they apparently have working sites with 3cx. !
    Later today I will post logs, and I will make both types of call.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If 3CX isn't even showing unblocked number calls in the logs, then I would be talking to the VoIP provider as it would appear that it is them not sending the call to you. If 3CX has some indication that it was even receiving the call but was unable to process it, then it would be a 3CX problem. Have you tried programming a VoIP set/ATA with the settings of the failing provider and receiving a call directly to a phone?

6. mjpcl

It works fine with SPA3102 and directly on SPA942/962 phones, I ran wireshark on the host, and saw some SIP packets, but they came in the form of a username@myexternalipaddress !
    I will be running some more tests later.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Since both type of calls are coming in using the 3102, i would use Wireshark to look at what is different in the messages, blocked / unblocked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.