• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Strange comment in "Command Line API" in documentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasAJ

Reaction score
In http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/command-line-api/ at the beginning of the notes it says "Note: This information relates to legacy versions of 3CX Assistant, and is now obsolete.".

So not sure what to make of the instructions that follow.

Hi,

It is in fact obsolete and only worked with the older version of the assistant. newer versions have offited that specific functionality.

But one of the main features of 3CX that I was looking for is the ability to make a call by double-clicking on a phone # in my application.

Also the ability to use a caller's ID to give my staff the caller's name and other details would be very very usefull.

Is there a replacement method

OR

can an older version of Assistant be used?

Thanks

Tom

ThomasAJ said:
But one of the main features of 3CX that I was looking for is the ability to make a call by double-clicking on a phone # in my application.

Also the ability to use a caller's ID to give my staff the caller's name and other details would be very very usefull.

Is there a replacement method

OR

can an older version of Assistant be used?

Thanks

Tom

If you use snom phones you can use our application ContactPad, it gives you click-to-call, Outlook and CRM integration, call history etc. We are also planning to add support for the 3CX API so that ContactPad can be used with any SIP phone.

Check it out here http://www.contactpad.com.

Regards,

OK so now I understand that the "CRM integration via the CRM Command Line API" has been replaced by "Integrating CRM systems with the 3CX CRM API". (Mark - you could have easily mentioned that in your previous post - weird!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.