• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

strange delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

renesidler

Reaction score
I have installed the new Beta V2.0, configured an internal extension and a VOIP Line, which bothe are working (green status light)

now the problem i have

If i call from the VOIP Phone snom 320 (internal extension, green) to a external number i can hear the ringing on the calling phone but the receiving phone does not ring. I then hang up the calling phone and then the strange thing happens, the receiving phone starts to ring....

any suggestions what goes wrong ??

by the way I dont get any incoming calls... line busy...

sip Provider sip.backbone.ch

Most probably this happens because your provider is quite loaded and has a noticeable delay in processing of your request. Calling phone is ringing, because of PBX server has accepted your call and passed it to provider. But called phone is not ringing until the provder processes the request and places the call onto PSTN network. If you hang up calling phone at that time the request will be cancelled at 3CX PBX immediately, and cancel request will be passed to the provider, but provider can miss it or ignore it and continue to call your PSTN phone. That is why it is busy after that.

Thanks for your sugesstion but i don't think this is what happens since the phone is still busy and I havent touched it for at least 3 hours. If I connect the VoIP phone directly to the sip provider i dont get any delays and it is working fine.

regards

Support information

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Could you send us the support info to [email protected]? You can do this by going to the General > Support page, clicking on the generate support info button and then send us the output.

Thanks in advance

Delay

I have this same problem. The internal ext I"m calling from starts ringing then after about 3 or 4 rings it actually STOPS ringing and then the outside line I am calling starts to ring.

If I answer, the call is completed.

Hi,

Does the callee ever ring before the caller hangs up ? or does this happen only when the caller hangs up. in other words; have you tried leaving the phone ringing for a very extended period of time?

In the mean time thanks for the provider name, we will add this to the list of providers to test. Maybe we can see if there is a particular issue with the way this provider works.

Thanks for your feedback!

This is the scenario -

I call my cell phone via ext 100 on the PBX. The Ext start ringback. Cell phone still not ringing. Ext gets ringback 2-4 times. Cell not ringing. Ext QUITS getting ringback, Cell phone starts ringing.

Cell phone will ring to cell phone voicemail. I hear cell phone voicemail on ext.

With my provider supplied SPA-2000, this doesn't happen, I get ringback and cell rings right away.

Would you like screen shots of how the provider has my SPA-2000 set up? I know the admin password and could do that.

I got to thinking; we had problems with getting double ringback when we first set up our service with Quantum Voice. Maybe the Sipura-2000 is providing ringback and the provider is not? I'll email them and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.