Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Strange occurance - IVR

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This weekend I called our main number which goes to an IVR after hours. I dialed someones extension, and left them a message.
    This morning the general mailbox has a message which is a recording of itself saying "to continue recording where you left off, press 4. silence.... If you are satisfied with your message..."
    Now, the caller would be transferred to the general mailbox if they did no action in the IVR in 5 seconds.

So I looked at the call logs from my Provider. 2 calls from my cell phone within 1/10th of a second of each other.
    The 3cx call logs shows the 2 calls as well - one going to extension I entered and the other to the general mailbox.

Ok, so the 2 call issue: something happened with the provider. I get that, not a 3cx issue.
    The second issue of the IVR recording itself? Anyone? We do not record calls by default. If we did, I would expect to have the entire call recorded. Instead, I get a portion of it - that starts with "to continue recording"

Has anyone seen an instance where 3cx records its own IVR as a VM Message?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.