Strange one with iPhone V 12

Discussion in 'iOS' started by thames, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thames

thames New Member

Hi Folks

This has never happened to me before on our system and suddenly started happening. Not sure whether I've made a boo-boo somewhere...

I have two iPhones, each with IOS 8.1 and 3CXphone for iPhone latest version installed.

If I connect to another wi-fi (we have two in the office) and I try to connect "Out of Office" to the 3CX system they both connect fine and I get the presence, etc.

However, if I switch wi-fi off on both phones and try again, even if I reload the app, they both sit there, trying to connect in and out of office, to no avail.

OK - what stupid thing have I done then? :(

Cheers
    Chris

2. thames

thames New Member

As an update to this one...

When the phones try to connect on 3G network, they keep on saying Out Of Office Service Not Available and, in the Phones list, that extension duplicates itself again and again and again. I've had up to 20 of them all listed there.

This is very odd. I hope someone can help.

Cheers
    Chris

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

is your wifi on its own vlan? different subnet?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. thames

thames New Member

Hi Craig

No - it's a really simple setup. Broadband line comes in to building connected to single PC running 3CX with three fixed phones connected. Router is Draytek 2850 with open ports setup as follows:

In NAT settings, I have
    port 5090 forwarded to the 3CX server.
    port 5060 forwarded to the 3CX server (TCP)
    port 5060 forwarded to the 3CX server (UDP)

In "Open Ports" I have the destination PC set to the 3CX server
    Open ports are:
    5060 (UDP / TCP)
    5090 (UDP / TCP)
    9000 - 9049 (UDP / TCP)
    10000 (UDP / TCP) - no idea why I have this one set...
    5000 - 5001 (UDP / TCP)

The reason I have both UDP and TCP switched on is that I never really know whether it's only TCP needed or only UDP needed so to play it safe I open both.

In the settings on the server I think I have the NAT helper set to TCP and I do have this set on the 3CX iPhone setup as well.

The latest update from me is that I have switched off the STUN server and simply removed that setting from the iPhone setup completely, so it's a blank field now. I'm now able to connect "Out Of Office" using 3G to the server but the calls seem to drop after about 15 or 20 seconds of connect.

Any help would be seriously appreciated as we are away from the office for a month next month and desperately need to be able to have this working 100% or we'll cheese our customers right off.

Cheers and thanks for the response, Craig
    Chris

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Here is a list of ports. I would not open more than required.
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

Also ensure SIP-ALG is diabled on the Draytek: http://www.elantelecom.com/technical-assistance/disable-sip-alg-draytek/
    Maybe the Cell carrier is blocking the traffic.

As a test, you could add an extension with credentials - but do not allow it to make any outgoing calls. Send me the credentials via Private Message and I can see if I can connect.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.