Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Strange Problem with Inbound Rule/Ring Group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sambenenge, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sambenenge

We've just started experiencing an odd problem at one of our branch offices with an inbound rule -> ring group setup. The inbound rule is set to apply to all calls and to connect them to our ring group extension (900). Ring group 900 is a prioritized hunt group with 3 extensions and is set to divert to a fourth extension (909) if unanswered by the extensions in the group. Extension 909 is then used to divert the call to a mobile if no-one is in the office. The reason for having extension 909 is to allow the mobile number to which calls divert to be changed to any of the 3 staff members mobile numbers.

For some reason, calls coming to the main office number from an external source are now diverting to the ring group, ringing the first number in the hunt, then ringing the second number in the hunt and then diverting to voicemail for the main office number. Internal calls directly to the ring group are working fine, first ringing through the 3 extensions in the group, then diverting to 909 when un-answered, then diverting to the relevant mobile number programmed into 909.

Can anyone help with this please? We are using Yealink T22 phones with 2talk.co.nz as our VOIP provider.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. AmishS

Hi,

I would suggest looking at the Forwarding Rules configured for the third extension in the ring group. The extension may be set to divert external calls to voicemail but have a different behaviour for internal calls allowing them to ring as normal. Hopefully changing the forwarding rules will sort out your problem.

Kind regards,
    Amish.

3. sambenenge

Good idea, but all 3 extensions in the ring group have the same forwarding rules for both internal and external calls.

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Sounds like this problem is isolated to external calls - so I'm wondering if your TISP has some kind of divert to voice-mail applied on the trunk side? i.e. outside of 3CX control ...

I used to work with a TISP who had diverts set by default, and this kind of problem occurred unless I accessed the control panel for the SIP trunk group and turned the feature off.

best of luck ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sambenenge

Thanks! I've disabled voicemail forwarding with our VOIP provider and the problem has gone away. I'm not sure why we've only recently seen this problem, as the config at our VOIP provider hasn't changed recently. Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.