Strange problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jits04, May 3, 2007.

1. jits04

I'm trying this PBX. It works very well. :D It's very simple to install and manage. But, unfortunaly I have a little strange problem. After install 3cx I have the following problem:

1) start my the computer
    2) when system is ready if I double click on explorer "icon" I must wait some minute before computer will open it. The strange things is if I open the others program there is no problem until I open explorer ( normally i open it with window key + E, but I tried with icon too)

Some suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. no1daag

Please tell us some more about you computer! How it

3. jits04

It's very strange problem. The computer configuration is OK. I have an ghost image and I have replaced the partion. The image is ok. I have been using it from 2005 without problem. I must check better. Anyway, after open the first time explor is all ok. I'm going to reinstall all (windows Xp and all program during week-end). I'll tell you some extra information if I have the problem too.

Thanks

4. no1daag

CPU?
    RAM?
    Windows???
    Programs?
    Antivirus?
    Firewall?
    Webserver?

and so on

Think that it

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the 3cx page your home page in IE? If not it should not matter.

3cx does not configure your IE settings, it only installs a "web server" on your computer you use for 3cx to run on.

Like suggested by no1daag, clean your registry.

One problem with windows in general if you have to many services and or programs installed it slows down. This is why a lot of people install Virtual Machine etc so they can seperate those and keep windows running "smooth".

But your problem is not directly or only caused by 3cx for sure.

6. jits04

Sure? But if Unstall 3cx I have no problems. I have already try to clean the registry. During start up process it takes times before start normally. But don't worry now. I'll reinstall my system (I would like to format my hard-isk too) this week-end. I'll tell you somethings next week

Thanks again

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They problem you describe is not caused by 3cx, unless you have 3cx as your home page.

Pretty sure about that.

8. jits04

I have reinstalled only windows with service pack2 (no antivirus or other programs, just Windows). After install 3cx I have some problem. I must wait some minute after Windows start process before open Explorer (with Windows Key + E)

Would you mind to try if it works with your versions?

I have install IIS, but I don't thinks that It's a problem.

Many Thanks again

9. no1daag

Like Henk I

10. jits04

Or try firefox if you get same problem with this browser.....

Make attention! The problem is not IE but (I don't know how to translate exactly in English) resource of computer (press Windows Key + E to undertand)

Thanks

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, should have picked that up (sorry).

You talking about, (windows key +e) that fires up "My Computer" which lists the drives and the mapped drives.

You say that takes a while to fire up, reasons can be:
    - Virus/mal ware, do a virus scan and antispyware scan.
    - Mapping of network drives, not sure if you have them but if so try to detach them.
    - Some scanners and all in one printers are a pain, the show up in My computer and if they do it takes a long time for them to be initialised. Disable them when you do not use them.

If all fails, disable DCOM as a service and set it to manual.

Mind you this is not really 3cx related so I keep it short.

12. jits04

Mind you this is not really 3cx related so I keep it short....

Yes, but before install 3cx there is no problem. Of course I have tried to uninstall 3cx and my computer works very well again.

Thanks anyway

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is very weird, (strange). I would like to know if there are others out there that have the same problem.

I ran 3cx on 2003, winxp and now on Vista Ultimate and i cannot see any troubles.

14. jits04

Ok, I have reinstalled all. Perfect installation. No problems in events viewer. I try for two days. It works very well. After I installed 3cx phone system. During start process system if I want to open "my computer" it takes a lot of time! :?

Windows xp, motherboard abit Vi7, pentium 4, 2gb. Hard-disk sata, Video Geforce 5200 Fx

it is obvious that there is some conflict, but I don't know how to find out it. The events viewer is ok.

15. no1daag

16. silentfun

silentfun Member

Try

17. jits04

I try all. I uninstall IIS. I uninstall Antivirus, Windows fax. Nothing.
    I have the same error yet. :cry:

This week-end I'm going to try with virtual PC

18. jits04

Ok. I find out some extra information. The problem is on "Digital receptionist" service. I set "Manual" start of service. Windows xp start up correctly. After I try to start it manually and I press Windows+E keys to open "my computer". The computer takes about 1/2 minute before open it.

The problem is here. What this module do when it start?

Have you some extra suggest?

Thanks again