Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Strange solving of the "no sound"-problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Temomei, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Temomei

Hello!

At first, excuse me for my English!

Has established, on test while, the free version of yours 3CX System. In the first put there was a problem with absence of a sound at calls. Searched on your forum for the decision of this problem much, but has found references only on wrong adjustment of the firewall. Rechecked all options of times 5 and has not found problems, connection softphones goes, but the sound between them does not go (no RTP packet...).
    Has decided to clear, for cleanliness of experiment, logs of services, has thus disconnected 3CX Phone System Media Center (through the Web-interface), has cleaned logs, it was connected... And about a miracle - there was a sound! Began to understand, and it has appeared that I have forgotten to include back given service, however all worked... Has tried to include anew it - the sound again was gone... As I understand - such cannot be, but nevertheless the fact remains.

Best Regards, Kondakov Artem

2. houston

Check firewall on the 3CX computer, both the Windows firewall and anything added by security software. Really, it is nearly always a firewall problem. Sometimes on the computer itself, sometimes between the computer and the internet.

Also, check to make sure that the Windows Media Player is installed and configured. (Just play some of the sample music that comes with Windows using the media player and you should be fine.)

Can't think of any other suggestions without more information on your setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.