Strange thing happening - GXP2110

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thames, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thames

thames New Member

Hi there

I have provisioned a few GXP2100 phones and they all work brilliantly. Today I got in my first GXP2110 and, although I can provision it and it works, there is something strange going on....

Firmware is 1.0.1.066

If I load up the web interface and log into the phone, with the intention of changing, for example, the list of currencies or the temp from F to C, when I try to save the config with an UPDATE, the phone comes back with an error pointing at the two fields where I have my "Available", "Away", "Queue IN" and "Queue OUT" custom dials set. The error is "Alphanumeric only"...

Now this is odd, because the phone is working perfectly with the *30 and *31 fields when those fields are updated from the 3CX phone provisioning screen. However, why would the phone refuse to save it again when one goes in via the web admin interface?

If I had hair, I'd be pulling it out in chunks now! :)

Cheers
    Chris

2. willow

willow Member

I am thinking that it is a web interface issue. Programming via the web and the phone grabbing a provisioning file are 2 differnt things. I would recommend just editing the provisioning file in 3cx to make the changes that you need to all of the phones at once versuses doing each phone individually

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thames

thames New Member

Hi there Willow

I've not yet edited any of the provisioning files but surely those files won't have some of the entries the phone is looking for, like for example whether the temperature for weather is displayed in Fahrenheit or Centigrade? The actual provisioning stuff works well via the 3CX upload, and all the buttons light up, work when pressed etc. The only issue is that to get to the "little" things, like 12-hour vs 24-hour time display, one has to go to the web interface. After making the changes to the settings in the web interface and then pressing "UPDATE", is when the phone suddenly decides it doesn't like the "*" before the 30 and 31 and refuses to save the config until the "*" are removed. Defeats the object, of course, because then the Available and Away buttons no longer work.

... Unless there is a way to depict the "*" with another character that 3CX would recognise?? Possible?

Cheers
    Chris

4. Engignics

backlinks checker backlink service

seo backlink
    black hat seo
    backlinks backlink building service

5. willow

willow Member

Those settings are actually in the provisioning template, you can easily change them for all of the phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. thames

thames New Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll go have a look at the template and try and figure out what to change. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers
    Chris

7. thames

thames New Member

Hi Willow!

You are so on the button! Changed just the area of the template where the ancillary stuff is and saved it, then reprovisioned the phone and all works great. Thanks very much for the tip. Now I know what to do!

Cheers
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.