Strange things happening once setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by newTo3CX, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newTo3CX

Quick rundown. We have a 3CX Win7 PC connected to a FXO Grandstream GXW-4104 gateway. We have 4 Cisco phones, SPA504Gs.

I decided to play with busy lamp field settings, so each of the 4 buttons on the top right that usually have all the same extension number (that phone's extension). I set those fields in the phone interfaces to show the other extensions so we could see what lines are busy or transferred to. It worked, I saw phones in use by the button lighting. Suddenly the next day, the stangest thing. I come in, and the BLFs were not set the same. The two phones had each other on them (like BLF leds 3 and 4 were set to two phones), but the other 2 of 4 we reset. On the other phones themselves, the BLFs were completely cleared and reset. But I only had admin access, no one else.

I remember resetting them, and they didn't hold, went back again. So now I feel like some configuration got screwed with, maybe even by me because I was eying it making suttle changes, and the phones keep resyncing to wrong provisioning. I did factory phone resets, but they pull that goofy BLF data in again, overriding my BLF data. How do I completely reset all phone provisioning data within 3CX, and rebuild on the BLF fields from a clean slate? I assume I should be make changes within phone interfaces, not the provisioning lines in the 3CX console, correct?

Any guidance is appreciated.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

On the surface, it sounds like you originally set the provisioning using the phone web interface and got each phone (extension) to work the way you wanted. So, my guess is that the phones are set to auto-provision and in doing so they used the default provisioning file that was created by 3CX when you assigned the phone its extension. As the manula BLF was unknown by 3CX, these parameters were over written.

You either have the choice of trying to use the provisioning templates within 3CX, make your own customized template, or manually configuring the phone itself. If you do the manual configuring, you should also disable the auto-provision feature contained within the phone by finding the appropriate setting using the phone's web interface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.