Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Strange vmail to email issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gary2seven, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gary2seven

I have configured my email server within 3CX and notification emails are working fine.

However if I set vmail to attach to email then no notification is received.

SMTP server (MS Exchange) is within the LAN and email size and attachment size are unlimited. There are no related events in event viewer on the the Exchange Server.

Any ideas what I can check? is there a communication log that would show me any failures?

Gary.

2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Make sure its configured for open authentication, or full email as username. It will not work if the full email is not used as a credential.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gary2seven

Full name is being used, and Notification only works, so it can't be an authentication issue.

Gary.

4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I have seen some mail servers reject attachments with out credentials. Most of the major ISP's have some sort of attachment filter as well, so you might wish to do some investigating to see if your upstream provider is blocking it. (If your relaying from your ISP)

This seems to be a common issue that comes up, 3CX should include just a basic mail delivery server and leave the option to use an existing server. You can look into alternate mail servers like hmail, or find a web host to relay through.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.