• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Strip "+1" from inbound caller ID number

Status
Not open for further replies.

rely1

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
I'm using 3CX 15.5 and had the following question:

Is there a way to strip the "+1" from an inbound caller ID?
The issue and reason for this is when an inbound call comes in it comes in as +1XXXYYYZZZZ (where X=area code and Y and Z's are the tel number) and when you try to send that back to the 3cx switch if fails if the user tries to call this same number back. So the dial missed call function fails.

So either I need an outbound dialing rule that supports the +1 and 10 digits or I need to strip the +1 inbound so that the missed dial function to call back works.

So I tried the following but it did not work.
Added an outbound route to my 3CX that tested for prefix of "+1" and strips 1 digit and sends to Sip trunk.
This did not work.

So then I tried to do strip the "+1" from the inbound CID on the trunk using:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/cid-reformatting/

My rule stated:
Source Pattern: +(1)(…)(.*) Replace Pattern: \2\3

But this did nothing to strip any of the characters and I still get +1xxxYYYZZZZ inbound as my Caller ID.

I am using Flowroute as my SIP provider but did not see settings on this on the SIP carrier either.

Any ideas on what I should look at next?
Dial Patterns for the phone? Where is this stored?

Thanks,
Richard

Hello @rely1

Try the following in Inbound source reformatting of your sip trunk:

Source Pattern: +1(.*)
Replace Pattern: \1

It's on the test.

Reactions: DaleT
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.