Strip 1 off caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kraichle, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraichle

Is there a way to strip off the 1 in the caller ID number before it gets sent to the phone? It comes in from the Service Provider SIP trunk with the 1. I setup outgoing calls to prefix a 1 so people in the office aren't required to enter a 1 first before dialing at their request. The problem is now when someone wants to do a re-dial they get two 1s because the caller ID has a 1 already in it.

I've check the SIP Service Provider setups and browsed around the 3CX interface and didn't seem to find any options to do that.

We're using 3CX V14

2. DiegoJCC

In the North American Numbering Plan an area code cannot start with "1", so assuming you are in North America you just need two rules, one for numbers dialed without "1" and one for numbers dialed with it.

In this case I would just use these 2 simple rules that will work with any way you dial a NANP number (i.e. 13105555555, or 3105555555):
    1. Numbers starting with "2-9", strip no digit, and prepend "1";
    2. Numbers starting with "1", strip no digit.
    I hope it's useful!
    Diego

#2 DiegoJCC, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can manipulate incoming caller-ID: https://www.3cx.com/docs/cid-reformatting/
    and/or modify dialed number with outbound rules to achieve what you want, I guess seeing either 11-digit number starting with 1, or 10-digit number starting with 2-9 for North America. For outbound calls you need to dial also either 11 or 10-digit number, so you can perform "number normalization". Using E.164 numbering is more standard (i.e. 11-digit numbers in N.A.).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kraichle

The two simple rules did the trick, thanks Diego. Sip.bg I checked but don't have that feature on v14. Thanks for the info though. Thinking maybe I should upgrade to latest version, but everything works fine, so you know the rule if everything's working fine...

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

The caller-id reformating is there from v12, in the sip trunks menu open the trunk till all subfolders are open, then you find it under other options, the logic is exactly the same as described for v15/15.5

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    NickD_3CX likes this.
  6. kraichle

Oh, cool, i found it. I might try this too. It would clean up the caller id number when displayed on the phones. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.