Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Strip inbound callerID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by erikg, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikg

My VOIP provider request that we add 0 to all number we call. As I see it simple to add prepend 0 in OutBound rule. But the provider also prepend 0 in incoming calls so how to strip leading 0 from incoming call.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

With regard to the inbound, may I ask what is the concern?

If the concern is when redialing the number, say as in a missed call, and the provider's add "0" is in the stream, then you could do an outbound rule that simply looks for the leading "0" (calls to numbers starting with) along with a length qualifier and then do nothing - no prepend needed - where appropriate.

Am uncertain as to how a 0 might affect all the possible needs, international, local, etc., hence the question of the concerns you have with regard to your particular installation/location.

3. erikg

I need this because I want to have clean phonebook on all phones (Android, 3cx phone and other desk phones). So is it or not possible to strip incoming callerID or reformat callerid.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not really clear on why this is a problem. If extensions are dialling the number, (using a redial function), as delivered (with a leading zero), then an outbound rule can be used that does not prepend an additional zero.

If extensions dial a number without a leading zero (either from a phonebook or directly), or, use some other leading access digit, then, an outbound rule(s) can be written to add the required zero, and/or strip the other digit(s).

I'm not sure what a "clean phonebook" has to do with this. You would have to elaborate.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You can modify using the "Ports/Trunks Status" page. Not all carriers/providers provide the same info in the same format so you may need to experiment and modify accordingly.

I am too don't quite understand the phonebook issue, but then its not me using the system. In any event, you now know where to go to modify. Good luck.

6. erikg

My phone book look like this:

041620782 for Erik Gantar (GSM)

When I call out everything goes OK, But when I receive call i.e. missed I get calls from 0041620782 (I can dial because outbound rule can handle this), phone book even recognize that Erik Gantar (GSM) calling but the number 0041.... ????

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Obviously, it's not a case of things not working, it's how the number looks on the set.

I question why your provider is adding an extra zero when numbers sent already seem have a leading zero. Although I'm not sure if this is the case with all incoming numbers.

I know in North America some providers, will prefix some numbers with a one (the standard long distance access prefix). This can sometimes be if the number is considered long distance and requires dialling the one, and other times it is there for no apparent reason, even on local numbers, most likely because the call originated from another provider. The problem for us is that local calls, will not go through if the one is added to the number. The local (PSTN) provider cannot do anything about formatting numbers that are sent to then "as is" with a leading one.

You provider may be in the same situation where caller Id, from other areas (providers) may not have a leading zero. In their case they add the zero, just to be on the "safe" side even if it means you get a number that starts with two zeros. They may even have enabled the ability to accept calls in that format.

If you haven't done so, you may still want to have a chat with them to see if there are options available at their end.

8. erikg

I call my provider and the simply remove leading zero. Anyway thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.