Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Strip more digits in outbound rules

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Benedikt Machens, Apr 10, 2018.

Strip more digits in outbound rules 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. Benedikt Machens

Currently you can strip up to 9 digits from and outbound call

If you want to realize least cost routing via bridges it would be nice to strip more digits

For example

Bridge Prefix is 101 and 3 digits for the extension (101-xxx)
    Users may not dial the 101, because they dial via a phonebook or something else. They dial the DID from the Bridge PBX

0049 221 1234 - xxx

To redirect this call to the bridge and set the correct number you need to strip 11 digits

So it would be nice to strip more digits (like 15, 20, 30?!). So you are free in your configuration and make least cost more user friendly

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. xadves

+1

Other PBX's let you write regex to route the calls and format them however you'd like. I'd like to see a more advanced option like this in the routing area. I actually just ran into this too, where I wanted to have greater control over the numbers dialed, the route, and what number was sent to the route.

HH60 likes this.
  3. Silly English Kniggit

Yea, Yea, and thrice Yea!
    Two improvements:
    a. able to strip more numbers
    b. able to strip whole number, or specify more digits than exist

This would let you have a rule take
    ("448447674670" OR "08447674670") and rewrite to "441235465818"
    Which is currently impossible

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Silly English Kniggit