• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Stripping prepending digits before dialling internal number

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyork

Reaction score
Slightly odd one this.

I have a user with a Siemens Gigaset 475IP DECT system which has one of its accounts registered with 3CX as an internal extension. The Siemens is configured to add a local dial code on all its VOIP accounts to any number not preceded by a zero (which of course includes internal 3CX extension numbers).

Thus calling internal extensions doesn't work because they have a whole load of digits automatically put in front of the internal extension number before 3CX gets the number.

BTW, this is a remote user who likes the ability to use the Siemens for normal (non-3CX calls) without adding the local dial code for VOIP dialling to local numbers. So whilst this feature could be turned off globally on the Siemens, it would "break" the other usage of the Siemens device. It does not appear to be possible to turn the feature off on a per account basis.

Any way to use a 3CX rule to strip digits for internal calls?

How are you connecting the two systems? If you can use some type of gateway you could use wildcards in your DIDs to ignore the extra digits on the front of each number. (ie: *230)

Just coming in over the internet at the moment moment logged in as an internal extension.

You may well have cracked it! I like the lateral thinking 8)

Gateway will be the key. I will need to make sure strange numbers like 0???? 230 all get routed into 3CX so it can recognise the *230. That'll need some thought unless you had something in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.