Struck in middle of copying recordings while upgrading

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by uday.uc, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uday.uc

Hi,

i have 300 gb size of recorded files in program data of 3cx folder as i suggested by support
    i have to copy them all to on another drive while performing upgradation
    if its not copied all the recordings will vanish when am uninstalling previous version

is it really true that when i uninstall present and upgrade all recordings and data file will be deleted

please suggest me on this

thanks

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One of the options, when doing a 3CX backup, is to include recordings which would then be on the system when you did a restore. In your case, this will probably make for a long backup. To suggest saving all of the files in a separate operation may be a way to be sure that they make it to the new system, in the event of data corruption.

If it were me moving to a new install, I would make two backups, one does not necessarily have to include recordings if time and space is a concern. But...also make a separate copy of all recordings, preferably on another device.

You can never have enough backups. I've had data corruption happen on a backup, believe me you are very happy for that second copy.

The backup with the recordings can be used to restore the new system. The other backups are insurance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.