Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

stuck on selecting line to call out from

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by VictorC, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VictorC

Hi all, Have Yealink 42S's and 2 companies per phone. They have 2 groups but are all assigned to both groups to get in coming calls. The problem is how do I assign a button to push on the phone to tell it which outgoing line to use?

I'd rather use a outbound rule, but they don't want that.

Thanks

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

No other way than outbound rule, I'm not sure you can program some kind of quick dial for outbound rule prefix on a BLF button of the phone to emulate an old telephony system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well...if the button they are pressing is a line key, then the number dialled (using that key) can be set in the outbound rules to use a specific trunk based n the number dialled. Each line key, being a different extension, can have rules that only apply to that extension.

It sounds as if they want an old key system, using the method above, is about as close as you will get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.