Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Stuck with 3cx FQDN activation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Markus Mueller, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markus Mueller

Did a couple of installs with the free license to test features and restore, then released the FQDN companyname.3cx.com.au to use it with a pro license. Unfortunately upon the initial setup of a new 3cx installation with the purchased key I got this error:

CERTIFICATE AUTHORITY ERROR: ID (429) - TOO MANY CERTIFICATE REQUESTS FOR THE SAME FQDN. THIS MEANS YOU HAVE TRIED TO GENERATE A CERTIFICATE FOR THIS FQDN MORE THAN 5 TIMES IN THE LAST 7 DAYS. IF YOU WANT THIS CERTIFICATE YOU NEED TO WAIT UNTIL THE COUNTER IS ADJUSTED. IF YOU CANNOT WAIT, YOU WILL NEED TO CHOOSE ANOTHER FQDN. TO RE-INSTALL 3CX USING THE SAME LICENSE KEY WITH A DIFFERENT FQDN REQUIRES YOU TO RELEASE YOUR CURRENT FQDN WHICH FREES YOUR LICENSE. FOLLOW THIS GUIDE: HTTPS://WWW.3CX.COM/DOCS/FQDN-ALREADY-IN-USE/

Trying to use a different FQDN like differentcompanyname.3cx.com.au then results in this error:

LICENSE KEY ALREADY BOUND TO ANOTHER FQDN

Problem is that I don't get to the point where I have a chance to enter the registration data so I can't get the login details for the enduser portal to unlink the companyname.3cx.com.au FQDN myself.

How can I get the FQDN unlinked or an account to the end user portal when the installation is stuck for 7 days?

Thank you very much in advance for you help.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

in order to switch the FQDN you must release your key - fqdn binding first, we have many documents explaining this procedure which is done in no time. When you got the key you also got an user name for the key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Markus Mueller

Thank you very much for the reply.

I do understand that I have to do that, problem is I do not have a username for the key. With the order I only got the key, no login or other credentials.

Will get in touch with the reseller in order to get the username for the key as per your recommendation.

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

There is a procedure for recovering username/password at 3CX Customer Portal. Entering your key you will receive an email with your credentials at the email used during key activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Markus Mueller likes this.
  5. Markus Mueller

Thank you very much for the hint, did try it and the response was:

License key does not have a registered email address. Please activate the license key from the product first.

My understanding is that there is no email address assigned to the license key until you complete the setup once, so the statement that I should have gotten a username with the key seems to be incorrect. The activation is literally the last step in cli setup process and I ran into issues beforehand, so I got stucked.

Solution was that the reseller then got in touch with 3CX and they removed the FQDN from the license, I was then able to complete the setup with a different FQDN and gain access the the end user portal.

#5 Markus Mueller, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved, however when you register for a free key the key arrives in an email along with login credentials for the costumer portal. If you have not registered for the free key your self then the credentials were sent to the email of the person who registered. Locking thread as issue has been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.