• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

STUN - remote extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

worcester1

Reaction score
I have a demo set-up with a dynamic ip from our ISP

Does this mean we can not have remote extensions?
Could we try using a service link no ip? - has anyone trued that ans what were the results?

Thanks
Richard

Hi,

You can use remote extensions.
I have several (15) remote extensions and using DynDNS without any problem. :)

Hi Frank

Brilliant news :) Did you just use your dydns address in the settings/stunserver section?

Any other config issues i need to think about?

Thanks again
Richard

Hi Richard,

Did you just use your dydns address in the settings/stunserver section?
Yes, also tap “Turn off STUN requests”
Don’t forget the Advanced tab >> Local SIP domain field to fill with your DynDNS name else you have problems with the phones to register correctly to the 3CX server.
Thats all.

Good luck.

Hi Frank

Final question - did you use a http:// or just the subdomain.domain.com ?

Thanks again
Richard

Hi Frank

Thanks again
Richard

One small issue is ive turned off stun and my ring groups and incoming numbers have stopped ringing handsets (although they do ring out) any ideas?

Thanks
Richard

Hi Richard,

I use just "name.dyndns.org"

One small issue is ive turned off stun and my ring groups and incoming numbers have stopped ringing handsets (although they do ring out) any ideas?
Did you restart the 3CX server after you have turned off STUN?

Hi Frank,
do you mean turn stun off at remote phones or at server configuration

You said
Yes, also tap “Turn off STUN requests”

Thank You

Hi,

What I mean is to turn off STUN in the 3CX Phone System (server configuration), then reboot the Phone System.
From my own experience and opinion, if you use phones outside the LAN then always use STUN at the remote phones to ensure reliable operation.

Hello Frank,
What will happen if you leave stun in 3CX server enable?
I think server need stun if it's not on real ip .

Thank you

Hi Amy,

Maybe I am completely wrong, but as I see it, if you are using DynDNS is it the same as using a static IP. That’s why I disabled STUN.
Also I use this setting from the first time I work with 3CX Phone System v8 (or v9). Never had any problems with this setting.

Turn off stun request.... Complex you are 100% correct it doesnt matter to the if this is a dnamic or static IP address as the server, or remote extensions cannot tell the difference they simply route calls and register to the IP address you asssign. Just input the IP address ie 999.999.99.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.