Stun Server Failures - Why no Fixed IP in General?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good afternoon

Do you have Quality of Service configured for your network?

The reason I ask is that if you have alot of traffic on the network and your VoIP traffic doesn't have priority it might not be getting out or back to you.

It sounds as though everything was working fine and all of a sudden you ran into problems? If so has there been an increase in traffic lately?

Take care

2. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Have you tried WinStun? It's a free download and the WinStun client will let you check the response from any stun server.

HTH.
    Cjay

3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Do you have more than one ip on that 3CX box?

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can set really big refresh interval for STUN checks. I afraid version 3 doesn't have possibiblty to turn stun resolution off completely, except to open DB manually and set all STUN servers to blank.

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It's difficult to say. Most probable reason is settings on ISP provider. Probably they have closed forwarding/mapping of some ports. STUN requests are leaving from your server ip:5060 and ip:rtp_port toward STUN:3478, and coming back to the same ports. So, any branch of this path could have a problem.

6. Cjay

Cjay New Member

What stun server are you using in 3cx? I switched to stunserver.org some while back and *I think* things are better now.

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Does your winstun resolvs ports being bound to port 5060?
    Also, you may try to run 3CX on different SIP port. Use 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file to change it and restart the service.

8. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

No, I meant other thing. I don't know how winstun works, but it should have ability to check mapping for specific port at your PC. In our case you need to check mapping by sending request from <your-ip>:5060 -> <stun-ip>:3478 and receive response from stun back to <your-ip>:5060. If winstun doesn't allow it - it is useless.