STUN Server-Open source code

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ilkeryildiz, May 3, 2007.

1. ilkeryildiz

Open source code STUN Server:
    This project implements a simple STUN server and client on Windows, Linux, and Solaris.

The STUN server is an implementation of the STUN protocol that enables STUN functionality in SIP-based systems. The STUN server tar ball also include a client API to enable STUN functionality in SIP endpoints.

STUN is an application-layer protocol that can determine the public IP and nature of a NAT device that sits between the STUN client and STUN server.

http://www.vovida.org/applications/index.html

You can download STUN Client and Server library.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/stun/

3CX developers can include this stun server to 3cx system maybe. :?:

2. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

But what for? I run this server as a process on Win 2003 SRV machine, same as 3CX is installed and everything works perfectly.

BTW: It seems to improve overal phone system performence, calls are astablished much faster and I'm not facing 'strange' problems with one way aoudio on remote clients any more.

Thanks

3. ilkeryildiz

There are one way sound or one way calls problem some device(zyxel) external to external calls.
    I use stun server if its been problem

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Installing the STUN server on the local network should make no difference, in fact it wont work since it does not know your external IP. The STUN server just resolves your external IP. Providing the firewall is not blocking that traffic (you need to open the STUN port) there should be no delay at all caused by the STUN server being external.

5. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

That's absolutely clear Nick. I was referring exactly to external clients located behind NATs. My 3CX has fixed public IP. Well, in theory there should be no difference which stun server is used, but practice showed something different. Again - with standard settings stun.3cx.com I had unexplained problems with one way audio and '34 sec disconnect issue