STUN server time out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by yogeshmalhotra, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yogeshmalhotra

Hi Friends,

I am new to IP telephony , I have just setup 3CX phone system which is behind a ADSL router. I have not done any firewall configured (actually its off). When I run firewall check it get successful most of the time but still activity logs I always get STUN request to STUN server has timed out.

Kindly suggest what might be I am missing here.

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Which stun do you use? Did you try with different stun server?

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Do you have a fixed IP?

What version of 3CX are you running and on which OS?

If I read the post correctly, you always get a STUN timeout, but you also occassionally get other errors as well. You did not mention what the other errors were, but suffice it to say, that in order to ensure a reliable path, you want the firewall checker to run with no errors and on a consistent basis.

Is the Windows firewall off as well?

Regardless of how the firewalls are established at the moment, I suggest configuring them both and then ensuring that the firewall associated to the DSL connection has any SIP ALG settings set to off. You can find the more details in the blog.

4. yogeshmalhotra

Sure I will do the configurations as the per the suggestions posted here and share the outcome very soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.