• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

STUN servers list is empty, no STUN discovery is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkman

Reaction score
Hi,

Our PBX is configured with a static IP behind a firewall, and static ports are forwarded for our VOIP provider, so I don't think we need STUN?

In our Network config we have static IP selected and the STUN servers are greyed out, yet in our activity logs we still get multiple occurrences of the logs below:

02/17/2017 12:10:53 PM - STUN servers list is empty, no STUN discovery is possible
02/17/2017 12:10:53 PM - STUN discovery of public IP is disabled

Is there any way I can stop these logs from filling up my activity log?

Also am I correct in thinking I don't need STUN?

Running v15 on latest SP.

Thanks

It looks like every half hour it checks...
I agree - if you are set not to use STUN - then why would it tell you the list is empty and can not discover.

I am on a Static Public IP and have STUN OFF - and have no issues to speak of.

I started this in the IDEAS - along with a few other ACTIVITY LOG issues, in my opinion:
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/activity-log-changes.47668/
Please vote.

Last edited:
Yes this is a bit ambiguous you are correct.
Put the stun servers as they were. Do not leave them empty because these are legacy options that were in the very beginning of 3CX.
So make sure stun server fields are populated.
No you are correct - you do not need stun since you have a static ip which is punched into the configuration. But the SIP Engine might use stun for a different reason. There is no controlling this. Fill the stun servers in and forget about this problem. There will be little or no information about this in the logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.