Submitting Caller ID with VOIPCHEAP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netpet, Aug 16, 2007.

1. netpet

Hi,

i am using VOIPCHEAP for outbound calls. It works fine but there is a problem with the Caller ID.

VOIPCHEAP is able to send the CALLER ID of my PSTN if its verfyfied, what I did. If I use the client from VOIPCHEAP the Caller ID of my PSTN is transmitted, so that the called person knows that it is me.

If I use VOIPCHEAP as a line of 3cx the Caller ID is not transmitted, it only shows an unknown user.

So has anybody an Idea to use this great feature from VOIPCHEAP also in 3CX ?

best wishes from Austria

Hans-Peter

2. josvic

I have the same problem using INTERNETCALLS and VOIPBUSTER... seems to be an Betamax issue because if I configure my softphone (X-Lite) directly with the providers (Internetcalls or Voipbuster), the CallerID is not displayed, but if make the calls with the Betamax propietary softphone all is OK.

3. netpet

I also mentioned if I use voipcheap via SIP directly there is also the Caller ID missing. Perhaps only the proprietary Software is allowd to use this feature.

But if anybody has an idea to make it possible cia 3cx please tell me.

4. josvic

Since the last two days, the Caller ID goes OK..., I don't make nothing in my configuration...

Have you the same results as I?

5. josvic

Today all is KO... no ID String is parsed and "private" or "Unknow" call is displayed.