• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Success with simple setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Denny

Customer
Reaction score
I thought I'd take a few minutes to say thanks for the Skype gateway 2. My needs are simple: I have one Skype account which I use for inbound calls to 3CX. It's inbound rules are identical to those for my other DIDs, it goes to one of two IVRs (depending on business hours). So anyone calling my company Skype # gets the same treatment as calling the DID numbers.

This was straightforward to get going by following the directions. I'd never even used Skype before (am I retro or what?), but it all fell into place nicely. I also tried outbound calling from my Bria softphone and it works great. I use 02 as my prefix for "force Skype" so 02joemama calls joemama on Skype. I called a friend on Skype and he reports excellent voice quality, and says the hold music sounds beautiful (my acid test). The audio on my softphone sucks with the cellphone bluetooth headset I use, but I can just use it to make the call then transfer the call to my analog phone on an ATA which has great audio.

This is great. Thanks very much again!!!

PS: Inbound Skype calls through the gateway to our IVR end up on our analog/ATA phones showing the "friendly" name of the Skype caller for caller ID! Once again, thanks for a very well done job!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robynL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.