Successfully regisetered line 1, but no tone. Any ideas?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by marteken, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marteken

Hi all,

I have a SPA3102 that I did a factory reset today to configure 3CX. I have a reasonable knowledge of the basic settings for the SPA3102 and Ive used it with other PBX softwares in the past.

Today I created the PSTN line and registered it with 3cx, and I also created line 1 and registered it with 3cx as a extension.
    Both are registered and in green.

The thing is that when I pick the phone I'm getting the normal tone as if I were connected directly to the phone jack and I'm not getting the pbx tone.

Any ideas on what could I have done wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you in a location that there is a noticeable difference? Unless there is a power failure to the 3102 and it has bridged the phone port (FXS) directly to the Line ports (FXO), the dialtone that you hear should be generated by the 3102. You can confirm that by unplugging the PSTN line from the unit just after you have gone off hook.

After you have dialled digits is when the 3102 can, if set up that way, decide that they will be sent out on the VoIP trunks to 3CX , or, out on the PSTN line. That is where the dialplan in the 3102, comes into play.

3. marteken

Hi, thanks for the reply.
    I have the SPA3102 in front of me. I see that both green leds are solid green since both line1 and pstn line are registered.
    However, when I pickup the phone I get the street dial tone, not the spa3102 tone. I can even dial a number normally and it doesn't take my prefix as it is configured.

If I use a softphone, it does take my prefix "9" to dial through the spa3102 trunk, but it never goes through because the spa is not handling correctly the line I believe.

Any ideas?

Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you confirm this by...picking up the phone, get dialtone, then unplugging the phone line from the PSTN jack. Does the dialtone cut off?

5. dandee

congratulation dude, how exactly did you manage make progress on the SPA3102 hitherto?

6. marteken

Yes, I did that and it cut off.
    Thanks

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't recall ever seeing that happen unless power is lost to the 3102, at which point it will bridge the FXS and FXO ports. I would factory reset again and this time, just set up the FXS port as a 3CX extension, to begin with. Once that works properly, then add the FXO port as a trunk. Normally, you can send calls over to the FXO using the dialplan but the dialtone you hear will be generated by the 3102.

8. wzaatar

Try to hardreset the configuration on your phone. The way you describe it makes me think about a 'lifeline' mode or when the VoIP component is completely bypassed and you phone is working as a plain old analogue one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.