Sudden onset of problems with 3cx.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by greengriff, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greengriff

Hi All,

3cx has been performing faultlessly for us until last week when we suddenly started having a bunch of problems. We have 3cx phone system 12 and as far as we can tell from looking it has not had any recent update.

Users can no longer connect using the tunnel.

When a call comes in it appears twice simultaneously in the ‘Active Calls’ in the presence information. The call seems fine, but when the caller hangs up, the call won’t drop at the operator's end. The operator has to manually drop the call by right clicking on the call in the presence information and selecting ‘Drop’.

Operators can no longer transfer calls, or put callers on hold.

Finally, just to muddy the waters further it seems that one of our operators is unaffected by these issue!

I will post some screenshots for clarity in a moment.

2. greengriff

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I would recommend a server reboot first. Someone else was having some "duplication" issues and this helped.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. greengriff

Hi,

We tried that when we first noticed the problem, but it didn't help.

Cheers,

Mark.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The first issue you mentioned, about not being able to use the tunnel, might be the easiest to troubleshoot.

How many tunnel users are having an issue? one, more than one?

Are there any 3CX logs related to an attempted tunnel connection? What about the debug log , if a 3CX Windows phone is being used.

Has a connection being attempted from more than one remote location?

Android and Window 3Cx phones both affected, or is this a 3CX SBC tunnel connection?

Have there been any firewall/router/network changes recently?

Have you tried making a change to the tunnel parameters, applying, then changing back to the original settings?

6. greengriff

Thanks. All bar one user are having the tunnel issue (so 6 of us). I'll get one of my colleagues to chime in with a more detailed answer to this.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does a remote connection work, form the same devices, with the tunnel "off"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.