SugarCRM 3CX Plugin ... Deprecated?

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by TankerDon, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TankerDon

So I posted the other day asking about a problem we are having following our upgrade from v14 to v15. Specifically, the contact, lead, or account popup function no longer works with the CRM integratuion on 3CX Windows Client. Andreas was kind enough to respond stating that SugarCRM was deprecated. I went to respond to him but the thread has been deleted.

So what is going on here? Does v15 support Sugar or not? If so, what has changed? Is there another solution to get a record to pop up when a caller ID is matched?

German Benavides likes this.
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

-SugarCRM has been deprecated, V15, V15.5 no longer supports SugarCRM.
    -It will not be possible to support SugarCRM now or in the future as requested by SugarCRM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TankerDon

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

-Yes it's possible for you to create your own plugin for any CRM out there.
    -Again, 3CX can no longer provider any plugins or information regarding Sugarcrm. We've removed it as requested by Sugarcrm themselves. There is nothing more that can be done about this.

It's regrettable that this could make you move to another PBX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TankerDon

Leonidas,
    Thanks for the quick response. I totally understand your situation. SugarCRM has taken a rather dark turn in recent years and hence most of us are migrating to SuiteCRM. Would be great for you guys to support that since SuiteCRM is so similar to SugarCE. I would put in a request for it on your CRM integration request page, but it seems as though the technical questions asked in the questionnaire are beyond my level.
    Would recommend you guys remove the SugarCRM .zip files from the next version, any mentions of it from the website (I see you are working on that already) and remove the setup menus in 3CX Desktop plugin for this.
    Thanks!
    Don

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thank you for understanding. All this has been done already for existing and future versions.

7. German Benavides

I think it is excellent the support proposed for 3CX brand, support the CRM, can not generate false expectations to who we are its customers, and less when the decision to buy we take poque 3CX allowed the implementation of SugarCRM Integration however this moment removed the SugarCRM Plugin, to make the settings. I believe that the business strategies of those who bought to take advantage of the free software Sugar CRM, do not inspire confidence and are expected to at any time assault the good faith of its users, shortcuts that are not well received by the countless customers of SugarCRM, and will produce a negative image for the new brand. 3CX, knew this problem and promised to implement it to SugarCRM, they should only comply and I think they will.

8. Mike Cartwright

I've just read this update now. And I'm a bit surprised because I think this will affect a lot of customers and maybe prospects as well.

Just wanted to say there's still the option of using a 3rd party CTI like Tenfold to integrate 3CX and SugarCRM. It has a screen pop (caller ID) that shows relevant customer/prospect information with inbound or outbound calls. It also has click-to-call, automatic call logging, a call analytics dashboard, and more.

9. TankerDon

Mike,
    Funny you mention Tenfold... I have a webinar already scheduled with them this week to check out their product. Hopefully it is affordable. It will be extremely frustrating to now have to pay for function that previously came with 3cx. I suppose I could simply migrate to Freepbx. But 3CX has been such a rock-solid system I hate to give it up. But I've got to have CRM integration... and thinking I should just revert back to v14 for the time being.
    Don

Mike Cartwright likes this.
  10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

SugarCRM has been deprecated as we received a several legal letters that we have to remove it from our PBX. We sent several communications that it is an integration with their solution, but we did not receive an answer. So we we're forced to remove SugarCRM and any mention of it. In fact its likely we will have to remove this post after a while as well.

As far as SugarCRM usage goes - it was very limited. Most have moved to more modern CRM systems

11. TankerDon

Nick,
    Thanks for the clarification and I COMPLETELY understand your situation. This isn't your fault at all. Sorry to hear this happened... I'm sure there is an interesting back story you can't share.

For the rest of us Sugar users:

For those interested in getting call popup functionality back, Matthew Orr from Voiptools.com gave me a great idea... just use the built-in "Behavior" settings in 3CX Desktop Client to do this.

For my setup: 3CX V15.5, SugarCE 6.5, Windows 10 w/ 3CX Desktop Client...

1. In 3CX, format your inbound caller ID number to match the phone number format you have in CRM. I realize this is going to be different for everyone, and if you all have any ideas to make this more of a broad search that is less format specific, let me know. But we're pretty good about formatting our phone numbers in Sugar with XXX-XXX-XXXX so I can simply tell 3CX to pass an inbound phone number in that format. Just go to SIP Trunks --> (selected trunk(s) you want) --> CallerID. Then add an Inbound Source Pattern to match what you have in CRM. So, for example, in my case, I want a phone number to display 123-456-7890 because if I search in Sugar with that format, it will look to match a record. So I create a source pattern of (...)(...)(....) and a replace pattern of \1-\2-\3 which translates 1234567890 to 123-456-7890. Besides, this makes calls easier to read on your desk phone.
    2. Go to your 3CX Desktop Client Settings --> Advanced Settings --> Behavior --> and click the "Launch Application in incoming call" box. Then in the "Parameters to send" box add the URL corresponding to your CRM's search result BEFORE the parameter you want it to search for. I found this URL simply by running a query on a phone number (i.e. 1234567890) and recognizing that the phone number is simply appended to the end of the search URL as a string. For Sugar users, that would be: https://YOURDOMAIN/index.php?action...=false&advanced=false&query_string=1234567890 so your text in the parameters to send would simply be https://YOURDOMAIN/index.php?action...se&advanced=false&query_string=%CallerNumber%
    3. Adjust which modules and fields in Sugar you want to respond to a Global Search query like this and you should be all set.

I am by no means a programmer or 3CX expert. Just a dude with a company trying to provide great service and support to my customers, so having their information handy when they call in is huge. If anyone here has some better ideas or improvements on what I've done here... PLEASE SHARE!!! :)

Don

12. Mike Cartwright

Hope you stay with 3CX, Don. I agree that 3CX is really a rock-solid phone system. And I also hope that Tenfold will fit your needs. Good luck!

13. certified1

@nick what about implementing an CRM Connection between 3CX and SuiteCRM as far as i understand Suite is the more modern and more developed and better version of Sugar (who is using that Software in so called "community - ugly" version at all?

I think it would be to your and your customers favor.

Regards,
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.