suggestion for backup location

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

I had a reason for uninstalling and reinstalling 3cx so I made sure my backup was current and then I uninstalled and reinstalled 3cx. When it came time for me to restore from the backup, I found that the backup no longer existed (since 3cx by default places it somewhere under the 3cx folder in the Windows ProgramData folder and when you uninstall 3cx that folder gets deleted). Fortunately I had a v 12.5 backup located elsewhere that I was able to use to get things up and running fast.

So my question: would it be a good idea for 3cx to by default suggest putting backups somewhere under the documents folder? Or alternatively, maybe the 3cx uninstall procedure should leave the backup folder there even if it's under the ProgramData 3cx folder?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sopock

Sopock Member

Been There, Done That: suggestion for backup location

Yes, like some media center which offers Full Product Cleanup :idea:

change-default-backup-location-45413.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have always been in the habit of doing back-ups to external devices (no mater where they default to), usually two copies. In most cases this is a USB stick and an external server, in the event there was ever a catastrophic hard drive failure on the system running 3CX. You can never have too many back-ups. I do agree that the default location should not be one that is deleted when the PBX is removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.