Suggestion when we are busy..

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tobyto, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobyto

Hi

With another telephone system, when we was busy pushed a button and we change state with yellow light and a automatic answer machine said that "all of our employees at the time were all occupied".
    Now with 3cx all calls reach all phones simultaneously with extension 500, but if I wanted forward all calls in a specific moment of the day to the number 501 "we are employ are all busy" ,what is the best solution you suggest me ?
    To do this in the faster way more easily better from phone?
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Enable *64 code in dial codes for putting the system 'in office hours' (dial *641) or 'out of office hours' (dial *642). To return to automatic office hours switching dial *640. You need to forward incoming calls to 500 or 501 respectively.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tobyto

i din't knowed this feature thanks a lot for this, but my request is different:
    in this way i can chose only 2 ways ,
    1 IN office = regular call ,
    2 OUT office= answer machine tell OUR OFFICE ARE CLOSE
    but i NEED a 3 third way:
    3 BUSY office= answer machine tells OUR OFFICE ARE ALL BUSY
    and with your suggestion only two way solution is available.
    Any other solution ?
    Thanks a lot.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try using forwarding profiles for a single extension -- like available, away, do-not-disturb, you can forward incoming calls to different destinations / voice messages. You can switch between profiles also based on time of day.

You can use it also as a dummy extension, if calls should be received by more than 1 extension (i.e. ring group or queue). You can also handle exceptions to the rule for this extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 eagle2, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  5. tobyto

Tried but it it work with internal call only, because im using a ring group "810" receives calls and forward on many different internal, and when all phone ring also if i have put " not available" for one of them internal and set to forward all call after 2 second the call continue to ring, instead of to be forwarded.. this is no happens with internal call because call is directly to specific internal only and work perfectly.

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Probably you are doing something wrong, you need to forward all incoming calls (external and internal -- separate settings) to certain single extension and switch final destination of incoming calls based on profiles for this extension (available, away, do-not-disturb). Extension does not need to be registered, i.e. it could be a dummy one. There is no other simple way of achieving your goal.

7. tobyto

yes separate setting but different , becasue i think that when more internal are ringing not possible to do this thing.
    This is also easy to test and you will see .
    thanks really again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.