Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Suggestions/Assistance on incoming line setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by edujim, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edujim

Needed assistance or suggestion on setup

I have the following:

3cx v11 SP4, 8 sim calls
    grandstream gxw-4108 - 6 POTs lines
    15 SPA508g's

This is what I am having problems on how to setup.

1. How can I get port 6 (line 6 pots) on grandstream to ring on 8 phones.
    2. Show as one of the extension buttons on all 8 phones
    3. Show when line is in use?
    4. Have a different ringtone when a call comes in on that line/ext?

Could this be auto-provisioned?

EDIT: Clarification, this is 1 complete solution, not just as individual issues.

want to be able to get line 6 from grandstream to ring on 8 phones, have a shared line appearance, show busy lamp field, and different ringtone for incoming call on that line.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Eddie

2. kristijonas

1. For ringing at the same time - use ring groups.
    2. You'll have to manually edit provisioning template.
    3. Not sure if you can do this
    4. You can select ringtone for each extension in the phone menu, this can also be done in provisioning template.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You will need to have this line (port 6), set-up as an individual trunk group, in 3CX. that can then be set to ring the extension number that appears on all sets. If BLF works with your sets, you don't require a ring group as it will only be the one extension number.

4. edujim

leejor

"when you say set-up as an individual trunk group, in 3cx" this is something that is available in 3cx? I honestly cant see where i would set port 6 up as a trunk group.

Do you mean convert this POTs line to a SIP Trunk? or Do you mean get another FXO gateway and put that line on it..

thanks
    appreciate your feedback

Ed

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If your gateway is capable of being split into two (or more) groups of trunks, then that is what you would have to do. You would then have a trunk group with 5 members, and one with a single member. If it is capable, then it may only be possible if you do a manual configuration, or perhaps you can get away with just a manual config on the single trunk.

The alternative would be to add a second trunk group using a single line gateway such as the SPA-3102.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.