Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Suggestions...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Josh Dinsdale, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Dinsdale

Hi Guys

We are planning on migrating our office phone system over from Askozia to 3CX. We have some custom 'apps' written in Askozia's call flow editor that we would like to bring across to the new 3CX system and I am looking at taking the opportunity to simplify these as part of the migration.

The main 'App' is our out of hours support system.

At present, a customer that pays for our out of hours services is given a specific DDI that they can use out of normal working hours. When they dial this number, the call flow logic determines who is on call via a simple asterisk DB variable, and the routes the call back out to the engineers mobile and also sends the engineer an email.

On our backend, we have another call flow that we can access internally to set who is on-call at a specific time. At the end of each day, the on-call engineer for that evening dials a shortcode that set's their specific database variable, calls will then be routed to that engineer.

I have looked at replicating this in 3CX's Call Flow Designer, but it is significantly more complex than the Askozia one!
    I am wondering whether I can replicate this in a simpler way using Queues and the in 3CX Android App?
    If I create a queue for out of hours and make each engineer a queue manager, then they should be able to log in and out of the queue at the end of each day (as well as being able to log out any other colleagues) in preparation for that evening? Each user would run the android app on their phone, then would recieve calls via their normal extension when on-call at home.

My other option is similar to above, except that we would use the users extension status to forward calls to each users mobile via the 'Forward to mobile' option. They would still need to log into the queue.

Sorry this is so long winded, but does anyone have any thoughts on the most effective way of doing this?

Thanks!

Josh

2. Markus Ehlers

Hi Josh,

I also would recommend to use a Queue here. Exactly like you mentioned, users can login/logout from the queue and so be reachable and react, or not. I guess, that's the easiest way to realize a scenario like that. Especially when those clients get an extra DDI, it's simple to set up, since you do not have any database requests at all, anymore.

Please keep me updated, if this works for you.

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I encourage you to look at our "3CX On Call Manager" add-on. It will do everything you need, and far, far more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Josh,

I'd suggest you move your thread over to the 3CX Call Flow Designer section. I'm sure you'll get a better clarification by my colleague "edossantos" on what you're asking if you do that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.